Friday, April 15, 2011

Days 12 & 13 Wrapped Into One

Day 12 comes with a loaded question...What I believe?  As far as religious beliefs, I've said before that I'm a born again, spirit filled believer.  I grew up in a pretty strict, over the top religious setting and grew up where pants were out of the question for girls as was cutting your hair and makeup.  Hallelujah my parents came to their senses and introduced us to a non-denominational church when we were in our mid-teens!  It sounds like we belonged to a cult, not so...just grew up in the United Pentecostal world.  It's amazing how much one thinks they know when they really don't know much at all.  Before I offend anyone, if that hasn't already happened, I still have friends in that religion...family as well, so my intent is not to offend at all.  We're all entitled to our beliefs and I wouldn't trade for the way I was raised because some of my core beliefs come from that, but I'm thankful for the freedom we have now. 

I believe that inside each of us, God has planted a seed for success.  It doesn't matter how you were brought up, what kind of family you come from or your financial situation.  Each one of us has the ability to make something of ourselves and be the person that God envisioned from the beginning.  Too often, people get hung up on circumstances and never reach their potential, this hurts my heart.

Now on to something a little lighter, Day 13...My Goals.

They're really pretty simple.  I'd like to be debt free (ok, I can dream can't I), and to work because I enjoy it and not because I have to.  I'd like to see my girls grow up, loving Jesus and living lives of their own that they're proud of.  I'd like to one day rid my house of all the clutter that seems to overtake it more often that I'd like.  For being a planner, you'd think I'd have more to say! 

No comments:

Post a Comment