I'm not much for New Year's Resolutions. It's not that I don't like the idea of committment, but New Year's Resolutions are notoriously broken, and I personally feel it's a waste of time. I do like challenges though, and think I'm up to a few. This past year, the only thing I stuck to was reading my Bible in a year plan. While I'm a bit behind, I'll be caught up by the end of the week. I used Max Lucado's Grace for the Moment Bible, and I think I'm going to go through it again this coming year. The only thing I want to do differently is to read everyday instead of getting behind and having to read several days at once. With that, here are my goals.
1. Read through the Bible...everyday this go round.
2. I'm "borrowing" this idea from A Not So Angry Redhead
. She did a post about a brilliant idea of tracking all her plants using index cards. This was music to my sometime overly anal ears!! Not only can you categorize them, but you can take the labels and stick them onto the index cards...talk about cutting down on writing time.
3. Same concept, different hobby. I have wanted to catalogue my books for years now. I stumbled on this idea from another blog too. I'm going to subscribe to Library Thing and catalogue my library. What's so great about this you wonder? Well, once it's done I'll have access to it on my home computer and on my mobile. That's huge because now instead of calling home and having one of the girls go in to "look on the second bookcase, about the 3rd/4th shelf and look for this author", I can just pull it up on my phone! That and my mother will have access to mine and I'll have access to hers...that should cut down on buying duplicates.
4. Going to restart the C25K Running Plan again and finish it this time! Along with that should come some much needed weight loss and toning for this little body of mine.
5. Our family does much better with menus, so this year I'm going to go back to putting them on the calendar and maybe, just maybe we'll eat more routinely. We eat alright, but it's gotten to be really just junk because we're always running from one thing to the next. That is a sorry excuse, so out comes the menu!
I think this is a good place to start, and I'm pretty confident that I can accomplish all of these early on in the year. The succulents, plants and books will be ongoing, but I'm looking forward to a bit more organization.
If you can't tell, I like lists! I also enjoy research and all of these except the running involve research. I like facts and facts are best kept organized so that they can be shared with others.