Monday, May 31, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

I can't believe the weekend is already coming to a close.  It doesn't seem like we rested much, but we did get quite a bit done.  My husband sent me to Walmart to pick up a storage cabinet while he did the yard Friday night, and I brought that home as well as 5 new plants.  The driveway conversation that night was how I'm an addict and need help...for plant purchases that is!  I told him if he found me a group that I would consider attending...good luck with that! The purchase I was most excited about was a non-succulent...a balloon plant that had white and purple blooms on the same plant and they're a double bloom!
My girls finished their Spring Volleyball Season Saturday, so now we can look forward to sleeping in again on the weekend!  I can't tell you how much I've missed that little pleasure!!  Not to mention not having to scramble around and get white/black laundry together Friday night...I really should get better about that!


Sunday brought more plants to my yard.  My neighbor (aka my partner in crime) went with me to Rainbow Gardens and Home Depot in search of Lantana and Pentas...we found both as well a few succulents that I needed for my strawberry pot experiment.  I wanted Hen and Chicks, but only found one variety, so I made due with pieces from my Cobweb Hen and Chick, two types of the String of Buttons Crassula, a String of Pearls, Calico Kitten and a dinky little Hen and Chick that a coworker had brought into me. 


I planted the Pentas under a tree in my backyard where they're safe from the deer.  Then today while we were miniature golfing, I saw where they had put Coleus right next to the trunk and then the Pentas in front.  Of course that meant I had to make another trip to Rainbow Gardens today and then I rearranged everything because I adore Coleus.  I tried some that are supposed to like the sun, so we'll see.  I think I'm good for now...hoping they fill in quickly as patience is not one of my better virtues!


I suppose there might be some truth to my husband's "addict" theory, but the way I see it, there are worse things I could be doing!  I know this was probably way to long, but I had a lot to say and it's been several days...enjoy the week!

3 comments:

  1. Your daughters are adorable!!! I knopw you will be ready for your sleeping in mornings now that volleyball is over!!! Yeah!

    Love your new plants. I love coleus also! The succulent strawberry pot is really pretty! I love the String of Buttons!!!

    Keep up your addiction...I have found that short of blogging, collecting an occasional succulent is one of the least expensive hobbies you can have!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julie! I'm enjoying blogging now that I've gotten the hang of it. I agree on the addiction as well...it's extremely cheap therapy!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, my name is Suzanne and I'm a plantaholic. I'm sure you and I together could found such an organization. I'm quite sure there are a few of us out there.

    Your plants are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete