Sunday, May 23, 2010

Another Weekend Gone By

I realize that as a general rule, weekends always fly by, but this one seemed to go exceptionally quick!  As usual, Saturday started off with volleyball games, Tater Girl went first at 9 a.m., and then Giggle's team played at noon.  Both teams won, Giggle's team remains undefeated for the second YMCA season.  The little girls are fun to watch now, as they've finally figured out how to move their feet and play somewhat as a team.  The big girls are always action packed, and keep this momma jumping out of her seat at the score keeping table! We've just got one last game until the summer break and then we have break until it picks back up in the fall.  I was never in to sports growing up, preferred music and so having my girls enjoy sports was a bit of a shock.  Now I'm a volleyball junkie...when my girls are on the court!


We had bought Tater Girl 2 guinea pigs for Christmas, and at the beginning of April, Zoe passed away...rather surprisingly!  We let Snowflake get over the loss of her friend and while I felt she had adjusted just fine, Tater Girl thought otherwise.  Yesterday after the game, we stopped at the pet store to pick up some bedding so that we could clean out the cage.  Wouldn't you know it, but they had at least 8 little girls just begging to go home with someone! We were one of those "someones" and after many minutes of oohing and holding several, we settled on Cocoa.  She's much smaller than we remembered the other two being, and is a little chatterbox.  Snowflake is holding her own by torturing the little one...enjoying it as well!



All in all, had a wonderful weekend and are looking forward to the next one!

2 comments:

  1. I love guinea pigs! I bought one for my son when he was 4, and we used to walk that little thing to the pool on a little guinea pig harness and leash! It was the cutest thing. Everyone just loved him. His name was Peanut...tri-colored longhair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've enjoyed ours so far, they really are cute to watch. I've joked about getting a leash and I just get "the look" from my husband! Our last one had the tufty hair, but this time she chose another smooth haired. She's so young that her fur feels like a baby duck does...lovely!

    ReplyDelete