Sunday, May 16, 2010

Succulent Blooms














I thought I was done for the night, but I went outside to make sure nothing was waterlogged and found that two of my succulents had bloomed.  The first is the best...one of my Graptosedum's 'Vera Higgins' has the prettiest cream colored star shaped blooms!  For whatever reason, she looks a little purplish in this picture, but is really more of a burgandy shade.














The other one is my Crassula Nudicaulis Platyphylla.  These blooms aren't as showy, actually pretty understated, but I don't think they're going to get any bigger.  I saw them a few days ago, but thought there might be more...guess not, but they are a nice shade dark pink. 

Now, I think I'm done for the night...have a wonderful week!!

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Well, what a neat surprise to find after the rain! Cool!!!!! I love the star shaped blooms on succulents! One blogger got pics of some star flowers with shadows underneath and it was a really cool pic! You can see her's HERE, if you like! She is on Live Journal, and you have to scroll down within the page (there is a lot of gap between the text and the photo)...and then under the photo, you can click on "(2 more here)" and see 2 more pics as well. It is a fun plant the way the branching goes, with the star flowers on them!

    ReplyDelete