Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Finds

I thought I'd stroll through Schultz Nursery today while on my lunch break, and wouldn't you know it...I found some more succulents! One of them is another Bear Paw.  I know that I already have two, but they are small, and this one is so full already...how could I pass him up! The other three, I'm not sure what they are, but they were really cute and so, why not!

One of my favorites plants is the Portulaca 'Moss Rose'.  I love all the different colors and the texture of the blooms.  Only problem...the deer insist on yanking them out of the pots and tossing them to the ground.  After years of threatening to camp out and catch them in the act, I've finally resigned to the keeping them in the back yard. My Balloon Flower is blooming!  She doesn't make it through the hot summer months, but every Spring she pops back through with adorable blooms.  They start off like very tiny balls and gradually blow up until they burst open! 

Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So many of the succulents are hard to ID, and I find I end up not caring as much about that as I do just loving the plant. I love Portulaca too! The Bear Paw is so adorable, isn't it??? I had one way back when, but it was very teeny and I don't remember what became of it. Have a a nice weeekend!

    ReplyDelete