Saturday, May 8, 2010

Succulent Wall

Happy Mother's Day to me! My husband made the trip to Home Depot with me...humored my idea and loaded and then unloaded 62 cement blocks for my succulent wall!  It came out pretty much like I envisioned.  Where my pig planters are sittting willl end up being turned sideways, filled with dirt and something nice and trailing will fill that, but in the meantime, they look cute perched there.


My original plan was to have only the solid side facing out, but the more I thought about it, I wanted air to be able to flow through.  Shelby, our 9 year old is really concerned that a crazy cat might try and put her babies in there.  Understand, that we have cat lovers on either side of us...one has just 5 and the other anywhere from 10 - 15 any given day and they keeping feeding the strays.  I think every female in the surrounding area knows that if they're due with kittens, to move on to their porch...free room and board.  The only (ok...one of many) downside is that between the two houses, they seem to think our yard is one large playground/litter box! Click on the pictures below to make them larger.



Happy Mother's Day to all the other mom's out there!  Enjoy your day tomorrow...I hope to be walking straight after this adventure!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! Congratulations on your wall of sux!!! It will give you so much happiness! I know how much it takes to haul these cinder blocks around, but they are perfect for this project!
    Happy Mothers Day to you!

    ReplyDelete