Thursday, May 20, 2010

One Night, Three Meals

Every once in a while I get this stress inducing urge to make multiple meals at one time.  Typically this happens on the weekend, but nooooo...I got the brilliant idea today while I was talking about different meals that I hadn't made in a while.  I already had Stuffed Shells thawing in the fridge from a previous dinner, Easter I think, and that should have been enough. But no, as we're sitting there talking at lunch,  I remembered this easy, kid/husband friendly casserole I used to make when the girls were younger called Cheesy Pizza Macaroni and thought Tater Girl might appreciate that since she's a hater of Stuffed Shells.  Then, I started thinking about Taco Soup thanks to my co-workers yummy smelling Taco Salad.  Needless to say, I made my list and stopped by HEB on the way home.  Everything went off without a hitch and was even ready at a decent time.  Tater Girl said, "This is what I've been telling you I wanted you to make."  That was music to this mother's ears, but tell me...how does one get Cheesy Pizza Macaroni out of, "You know...that casserole I like"?!  Bob and Giggles enjoyed the shells and my Taco Soup was delicious!!  I'm going to have to share with a co-worker though...I'm the only one who will eat it and it could take me a while.  The extra CPM has a spot in the freezer for one night next week and maybe the following week as well!  I'm not much on food pictures, but I couldn't resist...

No comments:

Post a Comment