Friday, May 14, 2010

Baby Toes, Living Rocks and a Overload of Rain

The weather last night predicted maybe an inch or so and did we ever get that and more!  My succulents probably thought they were going to drown at some point.  It's a good thing that I brought in my Living Rocks and Baby Toes the other night when I "thought" it was going to rain! I would have lost the Living Rocks for sure...they despise being soaked in water.  I lost most of mine over the winter, all but one little one that came back up through the gravel.  This summer, I'm starting out with 3 types of the Living Rocks, Pleisopilos Nelii (I loving refer to these as "baby butt cheeks"), Lithops (flat faced ones) and a type of Argyroderma (Easter Egg looking ones).














I added a new Baby Toes (Fenestraria Rhopalophylla) to my one from last year, who is struggling, but holding on and then an Aloinopsis Schoonesii to the mix. From what I've found, she probably belongs in the pot with the other Living Rocks...oh well.

Hopefully though, this will encourage my Bougainvillea Torch to start blooming...she's taking her sweet time this year.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy!

    Glad you got your living rocks in before the rains came! They are so good looking...I love that pot of yours! The flowering Nelii is beautiful right now. They all look so healthy!

    Your baby toes are adorable also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy. living rocks are so quaint and interesting, beautiful flowers, patterns and forms. A great garden hobby. Many years ago I had some but the climate did not suit them at all, to humid and to wet. I grow some aloes, agaves and a few other bits and pieces! If I had a dry garden I would be happy to grow just succulents.BTW, there are always more important things to do then the laundry! Have a happy week.

    ReplyDelete