Saturday, July 3, 2010

Back Porch Visitors

I have lots of new plants to talk about, but I don't think I have the energy tonight.  I did have two cute and not so cute vistors today on my back porch.  I went out this morning to show my spoiled princess that it wasn't raining so she could go outside.  A cute little gecko was perched on one of the sanseverias.  I've never seen one on my plants before, so of course I had to run in and grab my camera.
Tonight, I decided to put my newly acquired Passion Vine in the ground and when I went to grab my little shovel from the extra dirt I keep in a pot, I was greeted by this not so attactive toad. He was hiding under the shovel of course, so I jumped first and then hurried to get the camera!
This little guy sat right there and watched while I potted two succulent strawberry pots and some other things.  It wasn't until I was finished because it was getting too dark that I heard him moving around and finally hopped off somewhere in the yard. 

One thing that I did get today and will post it's final home tomorrow is a Passion Vine plant.  I thought the bloom was too whimsical not to have, and while I was at it, picked one up for my mother.  I put it in a corner on a trellis behind a Mexican Petunia that my mother brought me.  It was too dark to get decent pictures of that though tonight.

Have a wonderful 4th of July!
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment