Monday, November 1, 2010

Cactus Monday...Donkey Ear Madness

I'm sharing my Donkey Ear today...I can't remember the scientific name at the moment, and I'm really too tired to search for it.  She's been loving the cooler (this term is used lightly) weather and is getting ready to bloom. 



A few nights recently it's gotten really close to 45 degrees and she gets a little testy with anything below that, so she's been spending the nights in the living room.  If you look closely, you can see a few little plantlets on the edges of the larger leaves.  I'm looking forward to the red blooms and will share those whenever they make their grand appearance!

Happy Cactus Monday!  Stop by Teri's Painted Daisies to participate.

Mandy

5 comments:

  1. It's sooooo pretty!! I love those big fleshy leaves. I'll look forward to seeing the blooms when they finally arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good I can't wait to see them! Great plant. Things are still pretty warm here but I have a feeling that it will hit us all of a sudden. Need to get the garage ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh...how fun...can't wait to see the blooms!!! I better keep an eye on mine now, eh???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie,

    How big are yours now? This is mine's second winter with me and the first time he bloomed. My mother has all those babies and several of hers look like they're blooming this year. When he sends a shoot straight up the middle start watching out...it's getting close!

    ReplyDelete