Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...Week of June 14th

For Today...from Mandy's Daybook


Outside my window... the sun is beginning to set and the heat is lifting.
I am thinking...that I need to water my plants before it gets too late.
I am thankful for...my mother is here for another week!
From the kitchen...pizza that needs to be put in the refridgerator so we can enjoy leftover's for lunch.
I am wearing... black yoga pants and a gray t-shirt, also socks because it's freezing in here!
I am creating...a pro/con list mentaly for a decision I'll have to make tomorrow.
I am going...to make it through at least one more load of laundry before calling it a night.
I am reading...'Firefly Lane' by Kristin Hanna and Max Lucado's One Year Bible.
I am hoping...that I finish the project I'm working on at work tomorrow!
I am hearing...the basketball game on tv, my youngest chatting with her friend in the front room, my oldest typing away on her laptop and my mother enjoying the game.
Around the house...clutter, add another person to the house and it's a lost cause!
One of my favorite things...curling up in my chair reading a good book.
A few plans for the rest of the week...finishing out the work week and the rest of the laundry.  My husband is going fishing, so it's just us girls...going hunting for more succulents!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...my mother and I before she left with my girls a few summers ago.



You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook by going to the link below.
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Have a wonderfully simple week!
Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Good evening! I like the look of your blog with all this ORANGE (my fav color)!!!

    You and your Mom could be sisters, she is so young! LOL! I must be closer to your Moms age...I am 53, but my hair is half gray!

    So, you will be looking for MORE succulents...I think you may have a serious addiction problem and need rehab!!! He he hee!!!

    This Simple Womans Daybook is kinda neat...I will check it out! Makes me think of a book I had for years...called A Daybook Of Comfort and Joy! Do you have that one? It gives you a daily reading, but at the end of each month, it gives you ideas for fun things to do that month! I ended up giving it away to a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,

    Thanks! I was a little up in arms when I first chose this one...I accidentally hit a button on Sunday and lost my background and couldn't get it back with the new "designer templates". Once I calmed down, I realized that I like this one better...much more vibrant and fun and orange is one of my favorite colors as well! I think she was 51 in that picture, she's 55 now...hers is all gray too, but she keeps it colored. Having a 17 year old at home, she's tried to go all gray and then chickens out!

    I might look into "therapy" next week for my addiction! I'll have to see if I have any money left over after we hit the succulent/cactus shop!

    I don't have that one, but it sounds familiar. If you have any luck getting the picture off her website, let me know...I tried several times and figured I'd just stick with the link as I was feeling quite the dummy since everyone else seems to get it with no problem!

    Have a great night!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete