Monday, January 17, 2011

Cactus Monday

I forgot today was still Monday, but here is my offering for this week's Cactus Monday hosted by Terri at Terri's Painted Daisies.

Crassula 'Springtime'
She really thinks it's springtime in the greenhouse I guess, this is the first time this one has bloomed for me.  I didn't realize how much she's grown until looking at this picture either.  These blooms are taking their sweet time too, I've been watching them for weeks.  Maybe not too much longer!

Hawthorias and Hoya Kerri 'Sweetheart' Hoya
While I was finishing up dinner tonight, Daughter #1 went outside and the next thing I knew she was at the window begging for a picture!  It just happened that two of my favorite Hawthorias and the 'Sweetheart' Hoya that I'm starting for a friend were in the picture too.  Perfect for Cactus Monday!

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful girl!!!!! Succulents pale in comparison! Hehehe...nice blooms on that one...you have so many plants...they are all very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin is a beauty! Love the shot of her through the window. How funny that I did a post for Cactus Monday on crassula's. And of all of the ones that I do have I am pretty sure 'Sweetheart' is not one of them. I will have to look for one this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pix of Caitlin posing in the window is just too cute and makes it a perfect Cactus Monday!

    ❤HCM❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Oh...the succulents too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that your daughter? She's gorgeous! Thanks for coming by my blog. If you still feel compelled to take that dare with me. Come back and grab a button I made. Many people have expresed wanting to do it too, so I thought I'd try to make fun! I would totally love to read some of your stories about your journey too!http://www.storiesfromtheshoebox.com/2011/01/day-2-love-is-kind.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely all around! If your nepenthes died and you happen to visit Austin, let me know and I'll give you a cutting. Propagation seems to be a snap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The picture of Caitlin is adorable! The succulents look fabulous too -- little is green in Colorado right now!

    ReplyDelete