Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Your Chariot Awaits...An Andi McConnell Mystery

I finished this book last week, but just realized that I never talked about it.  I think I found this one at my favorite Half Price Bookstore recently and am going to have to look out for more of Lorena McCourtney's work.  'Your Chariot Awaits' is the first in the Andi McConnell Mystery series.

From the back cover...In the course of one week Andi McConnell turns sixty, loses her job, breaks up with her boyfriend and receives an unezpected inheritance from an eccentric rich uncle - a sleek black stretch limousine with bulletproof windows.  She knows it's totally impractical - yet the limo has an allure that Andi can hardly resist.

A fast, fun read that had me laughing throughout! There was just enough mystery mixed in to keep it interesting to the end and enough humor to keep me giggling as I sit here and remember one scene where she chased her then ex-boyfriend from her porch to his car with a shovel that she thought was a broom! Through the various mishaps that she kept finding herself in, she was able to see how God had his hand on every situation and recognize that He was in fact, very real indeed!

Now I'm off to continue reading 'Firefly Lane'...

Happy Reading!
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment