Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook - Week of June 21st

For Today...from Mandy's Daybook


Outside my window... the pool is being topped off with new water.

I am thinking...there are some weird people that try out for America's Got Talent!

I am thankful for...getting to spend more time than usual with my mother this summer!

From the kitchen...a mess just begging to be cleaned up.

I am wearing... black shorts and a black/gray striped t-shirt.

I am creating...nothing at the moment, but yesterday I did put together several succulent plantings.

I am going...to check on the pool and take my bath a little early tonight.

I am reading...a book by Beverly Lewis, can't remeber the title right now, and Max Lucado's One Year Bible.

I am hoping...that I don't start crying too early when my mother and girls leave...my tears are like a waterfall, doesn't take much to get them started!

I am hearing...the water funning and crazy people on America's Got Talent.

Around the house...the same clutter from last week, only a few more "finds" added to the mix!

One of my favorite things...spending time working with my succulents and other plants.

A few plans for the rest of the week...getting my girls packed, spending time with my mother and seeing them off for their summer adventure!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...with my girls getting ready to leave, there's been much talk of staying in a hotel (they're not, but they have an obsession).  It reminded me of their first hotel stay several years ago when they were still so little!!



You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook by going to the link below.

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Have a wonderfully delightful week!

Mandy

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mandy...how long will the girls be gone with your Mom? That will be so fun for them and you guys too! I just found out tonight that my husband has asked for a week off this summer, and I think we will plan some cool day trips to take the grandkids on as well. Maybe one overnight to St. Augustine. Enjoy your free time. I have always wanted to try reading one of the Beverly Lewis books. Have you ever read one of hers before??? They just look so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie...they're coming back either July 30 or the following Friday. They usually stay with my parents anywhere from 6 - 8 weeks each summer. It's a long time without my girls, but they love getting to spend that time with my parents and other family that's there. They started taking them to help with daycare costs when they were little, and it's turned into a yearly tradition! Even though we live so far apart, my mom is part of their everyday...thanks to cell phones/texting, they talk to her everyday, so it's nice to get that time with them each summer.

    Beverly Lewis is one of my absolute favorites! I've read all of them, 'The Telling' is her most recent. You won't be disappointed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks for the Bev Lewis info! I need to force myself to read something this summer.
    Have fun while kids are gone. If you can. I remember really starting to miss mine when they would leave for a while. Too quiet. LOL!

    ReplyDelete