Friday, November 25, 2011

To Catch a Leaf - Book Review

Finally...I finished the newest installment in Kate Collins' Flower Shop Mysteries, To Catch a Leaf. 













From the back.

Flower Shop owner Abby Knight is aglow with happiness now that she's officially engaged to her longtime beau, Marco Salvare.  Nothing will dampen her joy - not a new dent on her beloved Corvette, nor her future mother-in-law's micromanaging of her wedding.

Then wealthy dowager Constance Newport is killed, and Abby's assistant, Grace Bingham, is left a hefty sum of money, making her the prime suspect.  But while questioning Constance's relatives and staff, Abby and Marco find that everyone has a shady past and wants a piece of the fortune.  The plot thickens when they stumble upon mysterious stolen art and a missing cat - all part of an elaborate heist.  Before Abby can throw her bouquet, she'll have to throw a killer and a thief in jail...

This is the 12th book in this series, and I don't see how she does it, but each one is better than the one before it.  There's a gap in the books that I've posted, but trust me when I tell you that you need to run to your closest bookstore or library and get busy reading.  Abby is hilarious and her inquisitive, need to know personality proves for never a dull moment in her snooping investigating the murder of a wealthy lady when her assistant is pinned as the number one suspect.   That's all I'm going to tell you because if I say more, I'll say more than I should, so...read the book, you won't be disappointed!

Happy Reading!
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment