Monday, November 14, 2011

The Puppies


Charlie and Molly are closing in on six months, which means we've had them for three already.  There was a good couple of days not too long ago when I was threatening to send them to boarding school!  I'm not sure why, but Charlie loves anything fuzzy.  That means that any fuzzy Kalanchoe he can get his mouth on is history; you can imagine my irritation with him and his attraction to my favorites.  The trainer at puppy training suggested this great spray and I went to town! We haven't had an issue since except the morning I left the chair next to the plant rack and wouldn't you know it, Charlie found the only fuzzy one there!


Charlie is very found of Daughter #2, actually they both are, but we won't tell Daughter #1 that! She can get them to do just about anything.  Charlie is definitely the stubborn one of the two, so she's got her work cut out for her.


Molly is a trip, she comes out of the kennel with a toy in her mouth and out the back door usually with two.  She snorts like a horse, but refuses to come out of the house any other way.  Molly is our fetcher.  She loves to chase and is pretty good about bringing it back to you.  That is of course until Charlie decides he wants the toy and then you can forget about getting it back.  He's much more into tug-a-war as long as he's winning.


This weekend, we picked them up two new beds for their kennel.  The plan was to get another kennel, but we're going to hold off for a while longer before we separate them.  They both loved them!  This was the first night since we've had them that they just chilled in the living room for longer than five minutes. 


Charlie really likes his.  He took about an hour and a half hour nap; again a first out of the kennel! 


Daughter #1 is trying to grow on Charlie.  Molly is hers, and Charlie just likes to scare her.  He doesn't give anyone too much trouble but her...I'm thinking it's because she squeals like a girl!


My big baby!  I did not want a boy dog, but I love my little guy.  He loves to cuddle unlike Molly who just likes to jump and terrorize you with her tongue...gross!!!


How can you not love these faces!  Last week we weighed them...  

Charlie is at 29.5 lbs.
Molly is at 26.5 lbs.



Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Those puppies are so darn cute. I love how Molly has to have a stuffed fuzzy toy in her mouth. It must comfort her some how. I bet they will settle down for you. You may not want to separate them because they have now grown up together.

    Hey sweetie when you emailed me your sbc.global address comes up. So I don't know your gmail address. Can you email me again and let me know what it is. I am afraid that if I email you at sbc you won't get it.

    My husband had that happen to him quite a few times. Crazy stuff, it finally stopped without him changing email but it sure is strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing the new grand-dogs. I know that I will enjoy them.

    Hopefully, by then you will have them throught doggy training school!!!!

    ReplyDelete