Thursday, November 18, 2010
No Coffee for Me, Please!
I've missed a few weeks, and anything other than a simple list might not make much sense tonight. With that in mind, I was thrilled to see a list prompt this week on Mama Kat's Weekly Writing Workshop. I chose the 10 Reasons Why I Don't Drink Coffee prompt.
1. I have to admit, I've never even tried the stuff, but the idea of drinking something that looks like sludge repulses me.
2. I don't remember ever seeing my parents drink it either, so I must not be too far off!
3. I am a Dr. Pepper addict, through and through!!
6. Did I mention I'm a DP addict? The day is just not the same without it!
7. Other than water, Kool-Aid and sweet tea, it's the only thing I remember drinking as a kid. Thankfully, my parents weren't like other weirdo parents who served milk at dinner...barf!
8. I don't like hot drinks, they burn my tongue because I'm a bit impatient. Hot chocolate gets a thick layer of marshmallows and I'm sure giving the same treatment would be blasphemy in some minds.
9. Why drink something that I have to add sugar to? My Dr. Peppers come fully loaded, thank you very much!
10. Saving the best for last, when I was pregnant with our first daughter, she was breech. The well meaning doctor made a date for us at the hospital to turn her. They injected me with some concoction that they said would make me feel like a drank a whole pot of coffee. I still remember shaking for hours afterwards from whatever it was, and if coffee has anywhere close to an effect like that, thank you, but no thank you!