I've missed a few weeks, and anything other than a simple list might not make much sense tonight. With that in mind, I was thrilled to see a list prompt this week on Mama Kat's Weekly Writing Workshop. I chose the 10 Reasons Why I Don't Drink Coffee prompt.
1. I have to admit, I've never even tried the stuff, but the idea of drinking something that looks like sludge repulses me.
2. I don't remember ever seeing my parents drink it either, so I must not be too far off!
3. I am a Dr. Pepper addict, through and through!!
4. When I was pregnant with our first daughter, it made me violently ill to even smell coffee. My ever patient husband had to take to making his coffee at work for the duration of the pregnancy. Thirteen years later, it's still one of my least favorite smells...sans the violently ill part!
5. From my trips to Starbucks with coffee loving friends, it's a little overpriced in my opinion. I can get almost 24 cans of Dr. Pepper for the price of a grande. I go for the calorie overloaded vanilla bean thing instead.
6. Did I mention I'm a DP addict? The day is just not the same without it!
7. Other than water, Kool-Aid and sweet tea, it's the only thing I remember drinking as a kid. Thankfully, my parents weren't like other weirdo parents who served milk at dinner...barf!
8. I don't like hot drinks, they burn my tongue because I'm a bit impatient. Hot chocolate gets a thick layer of marshmallows and I'm sure giving the same treatment would be blasphemy in some minds.
9. Why drink something that I have to add sugar to? My Dr. Peppers come fully loaded, thank you very much!
10. Saving the best for last, when I was pregnant with our first daughter, she was breech. The well meaning doctor made a date for us at the hospital to turn her. They injected me with some concoction that they said would make me feel like a drank a whole pot of coffee. I still remember shaking for hours afterwards from whatever it was, and if coffee has anywhere close to an effect like that, thank you, but no thank you!
lol! I used to work at Starbucks. After a shift, I would take a shower, and it smelled like I was brewing a fresh pot of coffee because it had saturated my hair and skin. It's one of the downsides of working in a coffee shop - your shift isn't over until you get out of the shower. I'm not a huge fan of coffee. It's too strong for me caffeine-wise, and I don't care for hot drinks. Iced coffee is ok on occasion, but generally I'm a soda fiend.ReplyDelete
#10 was a huge eye opener... what did they give you? I can relate to your reluctance to try coffee as it is an acquired taste.ReplyDelete
I drink coffee occasionally as I love tea and hot chocolate... :-)
Stopping by from Mamakat's Workshop.
Have a great weekend!
I like coffee, but I take it with a lot of cream and a lot of sugar. :) Actually, I didn't start drinking coffee regularly until a few years ago. It was the kids. I needed the extra pick me up. But a few weeks ago, I decided to stop and drink green tea instead.ReplyDelete
Whenever I would pass by a coffee bean store, I thought it smelled like skunk. Hahaha!
I don't think I've ever tried a Dr. Pepper. Putting that on my grocery list. :D
I love the smell of coffee, just like I enjoy the smell of some smoking tobacco(the type that they put in a pipe). But just because I enjoy the smell, doesn't mean that I partake. I love my Diet Dr. Pepper or sweet tea (made with splenda).ReplyDelete
This is for Bella Sinclair - How could you have gone through life so far and never drank a Dr. Pepper? You need to try one, they are the bomb.