Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Going Through Withdrawls!

Oh my...never again!  Almost two weeks without my beloved laptop was almost too much for me! She's been running slow and the week before we left on vaction it would infuriate me to navigate from blog to blog to anything else for that matter.  Since we were leaving for vacation, I took all four computers...yes, you read right...all four computers went to the computer doctor.  My parent's have spoiled our girls with laptops over the years, so between the three of us we have three laptops and then the main computer for whoever's laptop happens to be dead!  Bob says he's on the computer enough during the day and has no desire to be on it at night.  All of them had viruses on them, needless to say I've switched to a different protector...this was ridiculous!  A week in Ohio with only my husband's iPhone was a test for all of us...wahoo for 3G service though!!  So, that would be why I haven't been on for a while...just in case you were wondering!

While I was gone, my Plumeria bloomed...I was so happy that the bloom held on until I got home.
She smelled WONDERFUL too!

Everything else held up really nice, of course it didn't hurt that my neighbor friend took excellent care of them in the 100 + temps that graced our city while we were gone.  My Bougainvilleas finally decided to bloom too...maybe I should leave them more often!

The week away was nice.  We didn't do anything terribly exciting, but we did get to spend time with Bob's mother and his brothers and their wives.  I have to admit though, it was pretty cool going for a jog at 11:30 in the morning and not breaking a sweat until the jog was almost to an end.  No way would I even consider doing that here, much less lace up and hit the road!  The most exciting part of the trip for the girls was the plane ride home, we paid the $6 for each of them to watch tv on the 2 1/2 hour plane ride from Cleveland to Houston.  We make this trip every other summer, and this wasn't an option the last time we flew.  They thought that was very cool...ok, their mother thought it was pretty awesome, but I opted for a nap instead!



Mandy

2 comments:

  1. I was seriously wondering what had become of you! You probably had mentioned your vacation, but with all the excitement here, with new job and all, I had forgotten! Glad you had a much cooler, nice time! I still can't get over the fact that you are a jogger. I need to be, for sure! Welcome back, and hopefully all your computers will be good kids now that they are virus free! See ya around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy,
    Thanks for the comment and blog visit... Welcome back! We have the several laptops and a desktop computer at home; almost the same configuration.
    I had to laugh when I read your post because, yup, the grandparents gave laptops to the girls.
    We did some clean up with the tech guy on Thursday because they were sluggish. Good to have everything ready for back to school next month.
    Best,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete