Monday, July 11, 2011

Sidetracked

I suppose I get my name of Side Tracked Annie naturally.  I've got a detailed list for the next four days so that I'll be ready to get our girls, but I made the mistake of sitting down and now I'm not sure I'll get much else done tonight.  I knocked out two errands during lunch, so I suppose I'm a day ahead in that area...surely that counts for something though.  I brought my list home tonight and made it through about half of it. 

The guinea pig has a clean cage and trimmed nails, the girls sheets are clean and the kitchen counter is once again visible.  Miss Hedgie was none to happy about the toenail trim, she nibbled me twice and then shrieked when I drew blood, accidentally of course.  I felt bad, so we called it a night.  I usually get a picture of her enjoying the outdoor time, but tonight I forgot my camera and with all the cats around, I can't leave her alone.  This was the major chore for the night, so all in all, I consider it a successful evening!

I really wish that I could get better about staying focused, but I suppose getting sidetracked is the price this multi-tasker must pay.  Even if everything doesn't get done, it does make for a much more exciting evening!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy! Thank you so much for your sweet comment and compliments on my garden post! I can relate to your issue with focus, my goodness do I struggle with the same problem! I have so many ideas and plans that I easily get distracted and overwhelmed jumping from one idea/project/chore to another... Oh well, it sure beats having no interests and no ideas whatsoever, how boring would that be!?! Hehe... take care :)

    ~Catherine
    InspireBohemia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NOES! Don't you hate nicking the quick? I have to trim the nails of one of my dogs regularly, and he has some black nails that are hard to gauge. The first time I did it, I didn't have any Quik Stop and had to make a made dash to the pet store. I'm surprised I didn't get a ticket.

    I hope you managed to get whatever needed to be done... done. I believe something is better than nothing. :)

    ReplyDelete