Monday, October 4, 2010

Old Friends, New Friends

Daughter #1 came home from school a few weeks ago and announced that she had a new friend named Katlynn.  I didn't think much about it, other than thinking that it was going to be a real trick if she ever spent the night.  Last week at the volleyball game, her mother and grandmother sat next to me...again, thought nothing of it.  A little bit into the game, and the mother asks me what my name is again.  I get "Mandy, what's" out and she starts shreaking...yes, shreaking "OMG, I knew I knew you".  Long conversation short, several shreaks later, and lots of laughing, I also realize that eight years ago her and her three kids lived with my neighbor (her mother) for a while.  I've got pictures of the girls at their 5th birthday parties, they're one day apart...the funny thing, both girls have been talking since school started in August and it never clicked that they knew each other! So now, an old friend is now a new friend...what a small world!

1 comment: