Sunday, April 15, 2012

Front Porch Succulents

Moving to the porch.  A few weeks ago, we got a new front door that has red accents in the glass.  I thought it would look nice to have red pots on porch, but I couldn't find any in the size or color that I wanted.  Instead I opted to pick up pots that were the size I wanted and just spray paint them.  I also have a pig planter on the porch as well, and painted it black.  The finished project came out very nicely I think.







The Palmer sedum will be gorgeous against the black once they start spilling over.


My hanging baskets have been filled back up. 



This next one is my mailbox planter at the curb.  I planted the Crassula 'Campfire' last year in the fall.  It survived the winter and is growing strong.  The other thing with the white flowers is something that I had at the beginning of spring last year that died out.  It won't last too long into the summer, but I figured since it's there that it could stay.  I love the way this one gets so red in the full sun.  It doesn't hurt that it's a fast grower, even in the hotter months. 

 


2 comments:

  1. Precious! And ya, what's the deal with no or limited red pots? I also had to resort to painting a plastic pot red with VHT which is now chipping. Ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That touch of red just makes your front door area pop!!! Great job!!! Everything else looks devine..love Ms. Piggy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete