Monday, October 4, 2010

Simplifying Life

This month, Sheila at To Love Honor and Vacuum is talking about simplifying our lives.  This really hit home with me today, because my mother and other friends have had to listen to me whine, not always so nicely either, about how stressed out I've realized I am all of a sudden.  I don't know why, but my house has never looked like it does now, not even when I had two little ones and was also working full time.  Babies demand so much time, yet those stages were very easy for me.  Sheila talks about how having a system sometimes only works for a season, and I'm learning that she's right.  When my girls were little, I was always the one that co-workers and friends would come to with "how do you do this?".  Now, not so much!  At 10 and 13, life is so much fuller and there never seems to be enough time in the day to get through everything.  Not to mention work, that's a whole other stress inducer on it's own!  I don't think my situation is special to me, but I am not dealing so well, so I'm going to have to figure something else out.

Of course, when they were little, my only hobbies were reading and normal gardening.  The succulent obsession takes away some of that time, but surely not enough to throw it all off kilter!

Have a great night!
Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, just kick it all under the couches and forget about it! Ha! Yeah, right!!! just kidding...proabaly would run out of space sooner rather than later! Good luck with the answer...unless you want to lower your working hours...tough call...Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has been reading up a lot about this recently... and some suggestions I hear from him include getting a smaller car, getting rid of stuff (that are no longer used), and simplyfying just about everything else - finances, memberships etc...

    ReplyDelete