Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Greenhouse Succulent Blooms

There's action in the greenhouse.  Good action that is, and not more puppy destruction!

I bought this one again because of it's blooms.  They're dusty shade of pink.  I think it's an Echeveria variety, but all that's coming to mind is 'blue'...I'm sure it's part of the name, but also sure that there's more to it as well. 


The plant producing the pretty bloom is below.


The recent purchase from East Austin Succulents is finally open.  I still don't know what it is, but I love the orange shade.


 It's got quite a long stalk for such a tiny little plant!


I think my Kalanchoe thyrsiflora 'Fantastic' is protesting being in the greenhouse.  This is the first time she's bloomed and I'm excited to see these open.  I'll share those once I get to see them. 


In the meantime, she's gotten quite tall.  She was one of the one's that got trampled in the last "let's bust throught the greenhouse and see what we can eat" escapade of Thing One and Thing Two. More on that here. With that said, she took quite a beating and is less a good number of leaves on the bottom.  This summer, she started growing crooked, so come spring I'll chop it off and replant the top. 


These next two aren't blooming, but the Kalanchoe delagoensis x daigremontiana 'Pink Butterflies' is recovering from the last attack as well.  The top is rooting and the severed stalk is getting new growth...yippee!! 


This Kalanchoe synsepala 'Cup Kalanchoe' or 'Walking Kalanchoe' is doing quite well in the greenhouse.  She's got two new plants shooting out for me.  I've also got the more pointer, serrated one, but that one is recovering from a Thing 1 attack. 


This one is one of our finds at Spicewood Spine Nursery this past summer.  I'm thrilled at how big she's gotten.  You can see her starting size as well as the other version here.









2 comments:

  1. That top echeveria bloom is just fantastic, isn't it??? LOVE that color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blooming succulents in the greenhouse! Awesome! I need to go check mine out. Great blooms!

    ReplyDelete