Saturday, October 1, 2011

Job Change

My posting and visiting other favorite blogs has been sporadic over the past few months.  For a while I had not been happy at the job I was at.  I wanted to make a change, but kept procrastinating the inevitable.  Finally, this past summer, my husband and I decided that I was going to just put in my notice and take a few months off while I looked for another one.  I was looking, but I just just too stressed out all the time to put too much effort into it, much less get online when I got home.  I put my notice in the first of September and my last day was the 16th.  On the 15th, I got a call from a lead that I had originally missed getting my resume into because of timing, but they wanted to see me.  I went for the interview that following Monday and was offered the job on Tuesday.  This was a little overwhelming because I had come to a place in my mind where I was going to be off a few months.  I have several good friends who have been without a job for months, so I certainly didn't expect just a week off. 

I  had brilliant plans of cleaning out the house top to bottom, having the biggest garage sale of my life and spending some much needed time with my succulents.  Not to mention the books I wanted to get caught up with!  As soon as I accepted the job offer, I let my husband know right away that the week would not be spent tearing apart the house.  Heck no, I had books to read and shows to get caught up on!  I also got to spend half a day in my backyard with my plants; the cheapest therapy I've ever had!

It might sound strange, but I knew that this was the right time.  At church, it seemed like the messages were all aimed at me trusting that God had my back.  That was the same feeling that I had in my quiet time at home.  When I put my notice in, it was as though as switch flipped and I was back to my normal self.  The last week was a tough one because I started double guessing myself.  I refused to go backwards though and was really ready for the downtime.  All in all, I now know that all of this was just a trust thing, and I'm so glad that I took the leap of faith!

This past week was my first week at my new job, and I think I'm really going to enjoy it.  The funny thing is, it's just a street over from where I was previously.  That means that I still get to have lunch with my coworkers friends a few times a week, and that just added to the great week. 

All that being said, I am looking forward to getting back to my computer time in the evenings.  I've missed reading everyone's posts as well as putting my own together! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow...this is amazing! I'm so happy you found such a great job so quickly...it is practically a miracle! Sorry you didn't get more time off between though...but maybe you will feel happier and have more energy during your off time from this new job! I hope so! Best wishes with it!!!
    xoxo- Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you. It took alot for you to stay at the last job for as long as you did. It is amazing what can happen when we wait on the Lord. His timing is perfect.

    I know the girls, especially, Shelby was looking forward to having you at home for a longer time. Love ya, Mother

    ReplyDelete